The guest on this episode needs no introduction. Besides being a long-term dear friend of mine, Worokya Duncan is a perfect example of strength and resilience. Growing up, Worokya had super thick, 4C hair. However, when she cut it and grew it back she noticed some soft spots on her scalp that had no hair. Little did she know that she would lose all her hair shortly after this.
Worokya is willing to put her life out there and let other people see the messy parts, the strength, and the resilience.
Tune in as Worokya shares about:
- Her journey to alopecia
- How she got into the acceptance of who she was and what she was experiencing
- How she mourned the loss of her hair
- What her hair meant to her and how she's embracing her new look
- What she's unlearning about beauty
- The concept of femininity and what it means to her
… and so much more!
To connect with Kathleen: