As humans, we are multifaceted, and a lot of times the best things in our lives happen when we don't concede to the herd mentality. As a matter of fact, the reward for conformity is that everyone will like you but yourself.
In today's episode, Kathleen is joined by Dr. Kara Pepper, a Practicing Telemedicine Internist and certified life coach for exhausted perfectionists. Kara has a thoughtful, dynamic, and honest story that will make you feel more human, connected, and just more normal, even in those times when you're at your epic burnout.
Tune in as Kathleen and Dr. Pepper share about:
- Kara's undying love for ballet dancing and the trauma she experienced leaving this passion behind
- How overwork, endless charting, and self-criticism led to her epic burnout
- The fear of being divergent (not conforming to the herd mentality)
- A taste of what it has been like to have fun practicing medicine
- Detaching from the fabricated relief in substance habits
- The importance of understanding your why
- How you could practice medicine in a unique and happy way
… and so much more!
To connect with Kara:
Facebook: Kara Pepper MD
To connect with Kathleen: