“I’m not good enough”, “I’m not important”, “I’m not capable”. Limiting beliefs. We all have them. Such thoughts can actually be double the number when you are a single parent. But let’s face it. The core fabric of a family is love, not structure. And although being a single parent might be twice the thoughts, the stress, and the hard work; it is also twice the hugs, the pride, and primarily – the love.
In today's episode, Kathleen is joined by Andrea Robyn Manley, a single super mom of one, who has an awe-inspiring journey into motherhood; and this hearty chat offers shades of hope, the kind of hope one would wish for during a 3 am down to the bones hopelessness.
Tune in as Kathleen and Andrea share about:
- Sweet memoirs from Philadelphia
- Andrea's journey to motherhood
- Her fibroids diagnosis at the age of 36
- The societal pressure into parenthood after such a diagnosis
- The pain and shame that came with no support from her partner during pregnancy and conceiving
- Learning to shape your own life's blueprint
- How she has created a village for Jacob
- What makes a family
- How do we get stuck holding onto the traditional structure of a family
- Her biggest joy and challenge as a single parent
…and so much more!
To connect with Kathleen: