“Am I doing it right?” “Am I being a perfect parent?” These are some of the questions that many parents find themselves asking. Given that parenthood has no manual, we certainly shouldn’t beat ourselves up whenever we feel that we aren’t being the “perfect mom or dad”.
In this episode, Kathleen is joined by Dr. Earle Chambers, an Epidemiologist, director of research within the clinical department of family and social health, and an amazing dad of two sons. For Dr. Chambers, loving yourself isn’t overly indulgent, it is crucial in parenthood as it is in all other relationships. And it includes failing at some things.
Tune in as Dr. Chambers shares his honest opinion about parenthood and some of the tips that can help you win at parenting.
In a nutshell, Kathleen and Earle speak about:
- The most challenging parts of parenting
- Why you should understand that you can’t change/control people the way you want
- How to teach bravery to kids
- Embracing failure as part of your journey and modeling it to your kids
- Why you should be open about what you want in all relationships
- How to balance the pressure of being successful in building his career and parenting
- The unmatched importance of being honest about your feelings
- Creating a life that feels good for yourself and as a parent
… and so much more!
To connect with Earle:
LinkedIn: Earle Chambers
To connect with Kathleen: