Resilience is very far from being numb. It means you feel, experience, fail, and get hurt, but still keep on going. You attack while running away. It is having tolerance for your negative emotions and going on to make art with the broken pieces of your heart.
In today’s episode, Kathleen is joined by Brigette Lumpkins, a strategist, advisor, business developer, and writer with experience in professional services and financial services. Brigette is passionate about contributing to a more equitable business environment and society. Her resilience story is one that’s worth listening to, especially because she is outspoken and lives life out loud.
Tune in as Kathleen and Brigette speak about:
- The everyday fight to keep her job as a Black woman and how she preserves her mental health
- Brigette’s series of losses that felt like a chase by a lion
- Enlightenment on how to reset after a loss
- How to develop the capacity to manage traumas you experience
- Why it is okay to not reach out for toxic support
- How to effectively support those who are grieving
… and so much more!
To connect with Brigette:
LinkedIn: Brigette Lumpkins CAIA
YouTube: @My Money Your Money
To connect with Kathleen: