In today’s episode, Kathleen is joined by Dr. Mary Leung who is a board-certified internal medicine, medical oncology, and hematology physician. She is also a certified life coach and the founder of Shining with Gratitude MD, where she helps physicians who feel trapped, devalued, stressed and overworked to regain control, to rediscover the joy in life and in medicine.
Dr. Leung went from feeling stressed, overwhelmed, and overworked as a full-time clinical physician to helping other physicians live better lives and enjoy their work. With coaching, she was able to cut her clinic day by more than 2 hours. All this happened because she made a huge mindset and strategy shift. For her what seemed to be impossible became possible. Tune in for pearls of wisdom from a very authentic and relatable story.
Tune in as Kathleen and Mary speak about:
- How you could be at the peak of your career and not love it
- Challenges physicians face that rip off the happiness in their career
- Finding the positive out of something negative
- How she reduced her charting time by 2 hours a day
- The importance of being part of coaching programs
- Why quitting is not an answer to career burnout
- How Mary saw the worth of loving her job again vs quitting
- The sphere she coaches and her target audience
- Importance of starting your day with gratitude
… and so much more!
To Connect with Mary:
LinkedIn: Mary Leung
To connect with Kathleen: