In today’s episode, Kathleen speaks to Keisha Edwards Hunt, who at 24, was pregnant and enrolled in graduate school. Early in her pregnancy, her adviser encouraged her to take a leave of absence, doubting whether she would be able to complete the program as a single unemployed mother in a difficult relationship.
Unbeknownst to them, in the turmoils of her personal life, which she held with a lot of shame, embarrassment, and feelings of isolation and inadequacy, she would find her light and rise to her purpose. Keisha is now the President and CEO of Metas Solutions – a management consulting firm. She is also a public health specialist, a mother, stepmother, public health worker, and an IT consultant.
Tune in as Kathleen and Keisha speak about:
● When Keisha’s adult life journey began
● Navigating difficult relationships with the other parent
● Why it’s more than healthy to let go of love without harmony
● How it was like for Keisha and her son after losing his dad
● Why we at times miss the mark in trying to show compassion to grieving friends
● Keisha’s experience in forming new romantic relationships after Cliff’s death
● How Keisha found her light and where she is currently
● Being deliberate in carving out time for exploration and creativity
… and so much more!
To Connect with Keisha:
LinkedIn: Keisha Hunt
To connect with Kathleen:
FB: drkathleenyoung. coaching
IG: drkathleenyoung. coaching