Divorce is not a punishment, and one can still live a fulfilling life after it. One may constantly blame themselves and even find it hard to move on, but this is a time when one should show compassion and even forgive themselves. While it is an ongoing process that might come with societal shame and judgment, releasing yourself from the mistakes made will help you move on to create the vibrant, fun, sexy, awesome life that you deserve.
In today's episode, Kathleen is joined by Dr. Alison Walker, a Cardiothoracic surgeon in the Kansas City area. Allyson, 47, was married for thirteen years and has recently officially divorced. Allyson and her now ex-husband were together for 19 years in total, having met and dated in med school. Allyson shares key takeaways on forgiving yourself for making the wrong choice in a partner and how to move on with your life.
Tune in as Kathleen and Allyson talk about:
- Allyson's dating, marriage, and divorce journey
- Dismiss of intuition and doubts she had about her ex-husband during dating
- Allyson's moments of shame and judgment after the divorce
- Showing herself compassion and slowly getting back to dating
- Her decoupling experience and the insights she gained
- Other changes Allyson has made after the divorce apart from dating
… and so much more!
To connect with Dr. Allyson Walker:
LinkedIn: C. Allyson Walker
Connect with Dr. Kathleen Young: