Nobody is safe when it comes to invisible illnesses. When the brain gets sick, getting out of the trap of thoughts is not easy even for the stakeholders in that space; physicians. Research shows that we lose nearly 400 doctors a year to suicide and women physicians are twice susceptible.
In today's episode, Kathleen is joined by Dr. Michelle Chestovich, a family physician, certified life coach, the host of the Re-Mind Yourself podcast, and a mother of four. After unexpectedly losing her younger sister who was a physician to suicide, Michelle is on a mission to help physician moms ditch mom guilt, stop yelling at their kids, stop bickering with their spouses and live a fulfilled life.
Tune in as Kathleen and Michelle share about:
- Michelle’s experience of losing her younger sister unexpectedly to suicide
- Normalizing that our brains get sick
- How the experience of her sister aroused her passion for helping women Physicians
- Erasing the stigma and raising awareness of suicide
- Learning how to allow all of your emotions
- Reaching out for help when you get suicidal ideations
… and so much more!
To connect with Dr. Michelle Chestovich:
Dr. Chestovich's podcast: Re-Mind Yourself
Connect with Dr. Kathleen Young: