Once you grow up, making and maintaining friends can be hard. While being a good friend comes easily to some, there’s a certain level of effort that most of us need to put forth in order to see our relationships thrive. And finding time to keep up with your friendships can feel like a real challenge when you’re balancing work, family, and a variety of other personal obligations. This is why in this episode, Kathleen shares practical tips(with examples) on how you can start being intentional about your relationships especially if you are in midlife. These tips can be applied to romantic relationships as well! Tune in to find out more.
In a nutshell, she talks about:
- Being thoughtful about who you want in your life
- Making plans and following through
- Being honest with yourself
- Acknowledge when you haven't been responsive
- Letting people know that they are important to you
… and so much more!
Connect with Dr. Kathleen Young: